Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey Day and Black Friday

Mikes friend Kyle and his girlfriend Brittany drove down from North Carolina to visit for Thanksgiving till Sunday.  We all went to Barry and Jessi's house this year along with her family who was visiting from New York. There were 11 people in the house, 2 tables put together and a ton of delicious food.  Jessi made the most moist turkey I have ever had. I made sure to get the brine recipe.  I was just on dessert and ham duty while Jessi handled everything else. Kudos to her for hosting such a great get together. Like I always say, I am very forgetful, so of course I didn't remember to take pictures of the yummy food until after it's 3/4 way gone and the leftovers are put away in the fridge. doh!! Here is what I managed to take. lol......

 bacon stuffed mushrooms
 Jessi's apple pie made with lard. super flaky yum yums.
 My Oreo cheesecake with chocolate ganache.
 ham
 best brined turkey ever!!
 Karen's pumpkin bread
Mike and Kyle being silly. On the floor at Barry and Jessi's house for everyone to see.
 Mike trying to grab Kyles legs and do a weird bash.
 did I mention how much I love him lately?
Jessi knows how to train the men in her life!! Good Job Boys!!

After all of the eating we went back home and I attempted to sleep which led to only two hours before I had to get up at midnight to get in line with all of the other crazy people.  I went to SEARS to get the washer and dryer pair for $599 they had advertised.  I literally was there by 12:20 and there was already a line.  I asked what everyone was in line for and of course it was the washer/dryer and they only had 4 per store.  I then asked what time did everyone line up and the response was "6p.m. last night" holy crap! They definitely deserve that washer/dryer pair.  I was obviously bummed but I just said "Well good luck" and walked away.  As I was walking away one of the crazies in line screamed "well if you wanted the washer and dryer you should've lined up last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I just turned around and waved and said "Thanks, have a great day!" lol. Must be all of those years in customer service you just get used to idiots. ha ha. whatever. HHGREGG was right down the street and had a pair for $799. It was $200 more than SEARS but it was still saving hundreds of dollars regardless.  I got there by 12:30a.m. and they had a line. But luckily for me it was a line for laptops and t.v.'s.  I sat on the concrete by myself playing angry birds till 4 a.m. when the store opened.   Here's the kicker. and don't tell my husband please or I'll never live it down.  At about 3:45 a.m. they send out the sales team to hand out tickets to the first people in line so you are guaranteed to get what you waited hours for!! They get to me and say "What is the door buster item you're waiting for?" and I reply with "umm..ahem, the Whirlpool washer dryer pair for $799." and the guy looks at me and says "Oh that's not a door buster deal we have 20 of them." Imagine my face change from tired and hopeful to straight pissed!! lmao. Are you seriously telling me I've been sitting on concrete for 31/2 hours for nothing!! ahhhhh!!!! sigh...again. whateeeeeeever! What's done is done.  The pair was advertised on the front page of the black friday ad.  I could only assume it was a door buster.  I didn't even end up getting the Whirlpool set. They were an entry level base model and if we're spending the money I want a nice set.  We got a samsung pair instead that was mid level and we still saved $500. works for me!  Even though I waited for a long period of time that was unnecessary I'm still happy we got a new set and don't have to worry about cleaning up water from our previous washer leaking every cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment