Thursday, June 30, 2011

overdue update

Ok so last Tuesday I had my U/S and it didn't go that great. I did get to see the tiny embryo and I was measuring 5 wks. My RE found a large amount of blood in my uterus and was very concerned. He told me to stay off my feet that week and put me on pelvic rest. I left the office crying because of how concerned he seemed and I was really worried we we're going to lose our little bean. I started spotting red on Thursday along with cramps and back pain, brown on Friday, brown on Saturday, red on Sunday, brown on Monday..then finally Tuesday it was barely anything. All last week I spent lying down and drinking plenty of fluids. It got to the point where my body was becoming so lethargic I got these awful headaches from lying down all the time. DH was out of town so I ordered 40 wings from the pizzeria so I didn't have to cook all week. :) Yeah I don't see myself eating wings for a VERY long time. I'm all winged out. So this Tuesday I go back and the whole time driving DH is saying "I'm not going to lie, with all your spotting, cramping and back pain, I'm just going to expect the worst and I want you to do the same." I told him I was but if we are losing this baby I'm still going to cry out of disappointment and frustration! We go into the RE's office, and we're praying before he comes in that everything is fine and to please let there still be a baby. The RE does the ultrasound and I can tell the embryo looks bigger from last week so that had to be a good sign! Then the RE asked "Can you see the heartbeat?" and me and DH both screamed "WHAT!!?? WHERE!!??" and we saw the tiny little flickering on the screen. We both started tearing up. We never got to see a heartbeat last pregnancy and after 2 1/2 years of trying it was just such a miracle to be able to experience that. We then heard the heartbeat and I asked "Is that mine or the babies!!??" and he said "The babies, I don't think your bpm is 139. ha ha" and I just start BALLING on the table. lol. It was seriously the happiest moments of our life. Better than our wedding day. AND to top things off the bedrest must have done it's job because he moved the wand around and no more blood!! It was such a great day! heartbeat and no blood?? Thank you Jesus!! Here's a pic of the U/S. The bottom left shows the heartbeat. :) Our bean is tucked in the corner behind the yolk sac. I'm measuring 7 wks.




2 comments:

  1. I have to tell you, I started crying for you when I opened this post and heard Colbie Calliet singing "She's got a baby inside..." like always, but this time it means something more. :) So happy for you. Hopefully that's the last of the scares you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Kelly! lol. Anything I can do to make people cry. ha ha juuust kidding. ;)

    ReplyDelete