Monday, May 9, 2011

Hopefully just the beginning.

So as some of you know my mother in law who is awesome gave me a million baking items for Christmas along with the Wilton Ultimate decorating set with 177 pieces and she gave me $$ for my birthday which I was able to purchase all 3 cake decorating classes Wilton offers. Well here is a big fat thanks mom because you might have just created an even bigger cake monster. Before I go any further, here is a long overdue picture of my final cake design for my fondant class. I was so happy with how this cake turned out I didn't even want to eat it!..but you know we did. :)



It's no secret I already liked to bake but it's really satisfying baking a cake for other people and seeing their reaction to the final product. It's even nicer when you make a cake for a party and one of their friends says they'll pay you to do their daughters baptism cake next weekend! AND their parents wedding anniversary cake! That's right, I have TWO cake orders! AND they want me to photograph the baby's baptism and do their family pictures. Also I'm trying to do a maternity and new born shoot sometime this month. woo hoo!! Man, God must have been listening when I was crying writing my last post about not knowing what to do with my life. I know it's just 2 cakes and some pictures but you never know, word of mouth can go a long way sometimes. Now if he would just answer my baby prayers we'd be all set. Here are some pictures of the Blue's Clues cake I made for my friends sons 1st birthday. It's a cannoli cake and was delicious...If i do say so myself. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment