Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cake Attempts


Soo here is my cake I promised. lol. it looks so boring because I was running out of time in class smoothing my darn cake and waiting for it to crust before I can smooth it.  Then deciding how I want to decorate it and I couldn't come up with anything! I was probably staring at my cake for a good twenty minutes thinking "Uhhhhhhhhh....Ummmmmm..." talk about lack of creativity.  lol, next Friday is cupcakes, hopefully I bring my A game to class!

 This class I learned how to smooth a cake, die my icing using gel food coloring, make elongated circles so I made hearts, rosettes and zig zags using the star tip, how to level and torte the cake and how to pipe a barrier so your filling doesn't ooze out.. :) 


My attempt at a zig zag border. lol.


 White cake, raspberry filling, buttercream icing


Stay tuned for more cakes every week. :) I'm sure my waistline will hate me.

1 comment: