Friday, October 29, 2010

Back from our cruise to the Bahamas and Disney for a day!

Let me start by saying BEST vacation ever!!! We had an amazing time and we plan to save for a cruise every year! lol, whether or not that works out is another question, but we at least hope to do so!  I am so glad me and Mike went away together. It was some much needed alone time with no distractions ie: video games, t.v. shows, barking dogs!.  The scenery couldn't have been more beautiful and It was definitely the greatest honeymoon we never had. We also went to Disney's Epcot center because they we're having their annual food and wine festival.  Since the cruise pulled in at 7a.m and Orlando was only an hour away we thought why the heck not? Another day of vacation? count us in! From the moment we stepped on board we we're available to start eating.  What a great way to start a cruise! lol. of course Mike wanted to hit up the buffet.  Since I was on my strict diet for PCOS I went to the salad bar.  Yeah, that lasted a day! I tried though.  We we're getting charged $20 a day for gratuity so I wanted to feel we're getting our monies worth! I didn't over eat per say but I definitely didn't eat healthy. I guess you can say I ate what I wanted but with portion control. I filled my plates up and just had a few bites of each thing. The main dining room was my all time favorite! The food was fantastic and the fact that you order as many appetizers, main entrees and desserts as you want is awesome! Then when you're all done you just get up and leave.  The cruise was the best pampering either of us have ever experienced.  Here are some pictures of our cruise and Disney!
 Our ship had water slides
 I think the sign speaks for itself
 Paradise Cove Bahamas
 Paradise Cove snorkeling
 We're finally getting the hang of this!!

 took a pic at our half way point of snorkeling
 pretty coral
 pretty fish
 It was awesome how close we swam with the fish
 why hello.
 All done snorkeling and ready to shop!

 My long lost pink house!
 formal night.
 Atlantis on Paradise Island Bahamas


 Such a beautiful place!


 Private beach for Atlantis guests only!
 Atlantis aquarium, best we've seen so far.



Heading back to our ship!
 We woke up at 6:30 to watch the sunrise.
 Sun's coming up!
 My handsome husband

 lol, I'm so lucky to have a guy that pulls on his nose ring at the dinner table!

 We got back to our room and our towel of the night was kissing swans!
 Got our Mickey and Minnie tickets!

 Us being silly


1 comment:

  1. Love the vacation pics. You all look great and look like you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete