Thursday, October 7, 2010

BW results are in!

I saw Dr. Mayer again today to talk about my BW results and have a SIS (saline infusion sonogram).  During the SIS they hook you up to a catheder and fill your tubes up with saline.  It caused very mild cramping and was overall a quick and painless procedure. whew!  Oh yeah and I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. GREAT!! (insert sarcasm here) He showed me my ovaries on the screen and they looked like swiss cheese or as some say a pearl necklace.  Just a bunch of black circles forming a circle. Which basically means my ovaries are enlarged and containing numerous small cysts located along the outer edge of each ovary.  Also it's harder for women who have PCOS to get pregnant because they're anovulatory, which means they don't ovulate regularly.  While the causes are unknown, insulin resistance, diabetes, and obesity are all strongly correlated with PCOS. On to the BW results. Everything seemed fine...except that I had super high insulin and was pre diabetic. yikes.  I am now on metformin and a strict diet which should help my insulin level out and my body regulate. I'm not going to lie.  When he told me I had PCOS all I could think was "Of course I do! What else does God want to throw our way? We've already been trying almost two years what's another year or two?"  But then I calmed down and I know that when God wants us to have our little angel he will bless us with them.  I just have to keep trusting in God and keep having faith he has a plan for us.  The beginning of this month was 1 year since our miscarriage.  As hard as it was all we can do is move forward and keep our eyes on the prize of what's to come! To new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment